The Red Lion is a 16th Century Public house situated opposite the Church of St James the Great in the Buckinghamshire village of Bierton. Bierton was first recorded in the Doomsday Book of 1086 and at one point the village had no fewer than seven public houses and porter houses.
The Red Lion was significant during the English Civil War when it was host to many Royalist Officers, including it is rumoured Charles 1st himself. The pub has retained traditional low ceilings with oak beams, with open log fires in both the public bar and the restaurant area.
There is a large car park to the rear of the building, just off the main road, with two outdoor seating areas.
We pride ourselves on our food which balances classic dishes with modern flair, resulting in a menu with something for all. We try to find local suppliers so that our homemade dishes start with the very best fresh produce.